Seito Shito-Ryu Australia Karate-Do Kai inc. is a non profit association incorporated in the State of Western Australia and is directly affiliated to Shito-Ryu International Karate-Do Kai in Japan (click here to see affiliation certificate)
Mike Williams was appointed as the official representative for Shito-Ryu Australia Karate-Do Kai by Kenzo Mabuni Soke after a private meeting at the Honbu Dojo in Osaka, Japan in 2003.
Our aims are in line with the Nihon Karate-Do Kai although on a smaller scale concentrating on Australia. The following is a direct extract from the Nihon Karate-Do Kai constitution.
1) To honor the moral principles of Shito-Ryu Karate-do founder “Mabuni Kenwa” sensei and his successor “Mabuni Kenzo” sensei. To carry on the grand inheritance of Shito-Ryu Karate technique, spirit and accurately present it to the next generation by handing it down correctly. Always practice Go Do Shin.
Successor Mabuni Kenzo Go Do Shin
1. Always try your best
2. Always be courteous and maintain proper etiquette
3. Constantly strive to improve and grow
4. Be practical and use common sense
5. Keep harmony and peace in your daily living
2) Teach the technical theory of “Shito-Ryu Karate-do” accurately, be proud to spread and contribute the essence of Karate morals to the world including the strengthening of the mind and body.
The structure of the organisation dates back to 1939 when Kenwa Mabuni founded the Nihon Karate-Do Kai after moving to Osaka from Okinawa. After the death of Kenwa Mabuni,the Dojo and organisation was passed on to his son Kenzo Mabuni who formed Shito-Ryu International Karate-Do Kai which falls under the control of Nihon Karate-Do Kai.
Shito Ryu International Karate-Do Kai was formed to co ordinate all of the member countries throughout the world. Today there are official representatives in twelve countries outside of Japan with Shito-Ryu Australia Karate-Do Kai being one of them.
The Honbu Dojo in Australia is Williams Family Karate Academy situated at 1/18 Biscayne Way, Jandakot, Western Australia.
Our aim is to spread the teachings of Seito Shito-Ryu Karate-Do (as taught by the late Kenzo Mabuni Soke) throughout Australia and to develop a network of affiliates throughout the country with State and Territory representatives being appointed to manage and assist the affiliates in their respective State or Territory.